Data Leakage Prevention Policy
- ExpoBird safeguards the information of every client it works with and stops end-users from leaking sensitive data outside the network. We use tools to track data shared and accessed by end users.
- Employees have many ways to share and access distributed data, making inadvertent data loss a pressing issue. Therefore we use different softwares and methodologies where no one except from the top management can have super-user access to sensitive information.
- Although no protection is absolute, best practices allow us to implement a successful data protection policy.
- Identify data that requires protection, see which information requires protection, by classifying, prioritizing, and interpreting data based on its vulnerability and risk factors.
- Understand how to assess vendors, establish a framework with relevant questions to make an informed purchasing decision.
- Specify the roles of all parties involved, outline the role of every individual to prevent data misuse.
- Monitoring data movement, understand how data is used and identify behaviour that puts data at risk.
- Educate the workforce, we tend to view employees as the weak link in data loss prevention. So we educate them to understand the policy and its importance.